This week, The Narrative has been buzzing with energy from a three-day technology workshop with some of the best in the industry. Joe Andrieu hosted a Web of Trust Design Workshop in our creative space. According to their website, the Web of Trust is a buzzword for a new model of decentralized self-sovereign identity. Andrieu focused on the creation of the next generation of decentralized web-of-trust based identity systems. Participants worked in groups for the ultimate goal of generating five technical white papers, which are reports giving information or proposals on an issue. Together, the groups decided on topics they believed were most important and would have the biggest impact on the future. Some of the topics they chose included decentralized e-commerce, selective disclosure, blockchain identity, and attribute certificates. The groups brainstormed fantastic ideas and generated impressive white papers.
After hard work and a lot of brain power, the outcomes from the workshop included:
- Building the next generation of Web-Of-Trust based identity systems.
- Showcasing the scope of potential applications for decentralized trust models.
- Bringing together the top contributors in web of trust and simlar applications.
- Exploring developing tools that might be useful to funders and researchers.
- Discussing and suggesting requirements to drive adoption in the Web-of-Trust model.
We were so impressed by these tech minds, congratulations on a successful workshop!